The Benefits of SPF in Skincare
Ultraviolet radiation is the reason for many skin problems. The problems are: premature aging, burns, risk of skin cancer. Let’s check 2 types of sun rays:
- UVA rays mean aging. It can be photoaging, pigmentation, and allergy. It happens due to sun rays penetrating our skin and reaching the derma’s cells.
- UVB rays mean tan and burns. It’s only 5% of all UV rays, but because of them people get sunburns and allergies.
Using sun protection with a high SPF (Sun Protection Factor) can help block or absorb these harmful rays, minimizing skin damage and maintaining a youthful, healthy appearance.
Kinds of Sunscreen Creams
There are 2 types of sunscreen: Chemical and physical. Each of them is aimed at protecting us from the sun, but they do it in different ways. See how they work:
- Physical sunscreens absorb radiation and dissolve in water.
- Chemical sunscreens disperse ultraviolet light and are not washed off with water. Also, they are not absorbed into the skin (which is a plus), but they, unlike chemical ones, are quite sticky and viscous.
If you are struggling with choosing the right sunscreen, think over your skin type, needs, and desires. Also, know what you're going to do and what clothes you are going to wear. Note, that water-proof sunscreen is good for swimming. Oil-free is good for people with oily skin.
Retinol and Sun
Retinol is vitamin A. It’s used in the modern beauty industry, and people love it for its anti-aging effect. It can boost cell turnover, improve skin tone and texture, and become a great building material for our skin. But be cautious with retinol, as its exes can cause skin damages.
To minimize the risk of sun damage while using retinol products, apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a high SPF daily.
At the Remedial Store you’ll find many different retinol moisturizers to improve your skin conditions. These products will rejuvenate your skin, create a protection barrier, and enhance its renewal process.
Want more skin care tips? No problems! Visit our Remedial blog, where we uncover the magical world of perfect skin. There we are telling you about make-up, grooming tips, and the best skincare products you need to try.
Let’s what we have in the end:
- Moisturizing is crucial while taking care of your skin;
- Always use SPF together with retinol to protect your skin;
- Never neglect deramathologyst’s recommendations;
- Know your needs;
- Remember that you are the best and you deserve the best skincare!